We do it for you
40,000 SKUs, 300 suppliers
A complicated process simplified!
By definition, retailers sell a multitude of products from different suppliers under one banner present in the province and sometimes also in other locations across Canada. This poses a significant challenge when it comes time to fill out the sales reports to report Printed Paper and Packaging (PPP) the business put on the market that year.
Here is a concrete example of how complicated the process can be:
One of our clients, a retailer, sells more than 40,000 different products from at least 300 suppliers. Some of the suppliers have locations in several provinces, some do not. To be compliant, the business must file precise CP&PM declarations with two organizations covering several Canadian provinces: the Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance (CSSA) and Éco Entreprises Québec (ÉEQ). It must also compile and analyze the data to make sure it does not overestimate the eco-fees it needs to pay.
We've developed a unique internal tool to meet this type of challenge: Steward6. This eco-fee management system can easily be adapted to different realities, sectors and clienteles. Drawing on our expertise and this high-tech tool, we have succeeded in simplifying the eco-fee reporting process. To support the above-mentioned retailer, we developed and implemented a personalized module for communicating with suppliers. This makes it easy to:
- Identify which supplier declares in which province;
- Get information on the PPP the suppliers use for the products the retailer sells;
- Conduct regular monitoring;
- Complete the company’s database;
- Cross-check and analyze the data received;
- Develop a suitable, accurate calculation methodology to produce reports on the PPP the retailer is responsible for;
- File reports in the Canadian provinces that require it.